This resource list began when I searched online for support following my miscarriage in 2009 and it was something I shared with all of those who participated in this study. It has continued to expand with newer resources. For a review of studies in academic and professional journals, see Chapter 2 of Reproductive Losses.
ONLINE SUPPORT RESOURCES FOR LGBTQ+ REPRODUCTIVE LOSS:
- “Information Sheet: LGBT Pregnancy Loss” from the Australian Psychological Society (n.d.).
- “Resources and Support for LGBTQ Parents” by Christa Craven on Baby in Heaven: Info Hub for Grieving Parents (2017).
- “Partners Too” A Leaflet from The Miscarriage Association in the UK (2014).
- “Finding Support as an LGBTQ Parent After the Death of a Child” by Jodi Levesque (2011) It’s Conceivable.
FIRST-PERSON PIECES ON LGBTQ+ REPRODUCTIVE LOSS:
- "The Might-Have-Been," Kristin Russo (1/16/2019) at Autostraddle
- "Like Rabbits," Christy Montgomery (7/10/2018) at Autostraddle
- "My Pregnancy Was Perfect, and I Lost My Baby Anyway," Caitlyn Zinsser (5/6/2015) at Autostraddle
- "Taking a Chance on a 2nd Chance: Managing Fears, Anxiety & the Unknown When Getting Pregnant," Caitlyn Zinsser (5/11/2015) at Autostraddle
- "Where Hope and Grief Can Co-Exist," Caitlyn Zinsser (7/21/2015) at Autostraddle
GENERAL RESOURCES ADDRESSING PREGNANCY LOSS (WITH A PRIMARILY HETEROSEXUAL FOCUS):
- Baby in Heaven: An Infohub for Grieving Parents: babyinheaven.com
- Compassionate Friends: www.compassionatefriends.org
- International Stillbirth Alliance: www.stillbirthalliance.org
- Mothers in Sympathy and Support [The MISS Foundation]: missfoundation.org
- SHARE [Pregnancy and Infant Loss Support, Inc]: www.nationalshareoffice.com, Helpline: 1(800)821-6819